Friday, November 21, 2008

My brother Ed has been writing a musical about Babe Ruth and Lou Gehrig. He delves into and writes about the  womanizing of Babe while his wife loves him and tolerates it for as long as she can .  I have written this poem to describe some of the feelings in a relationship where one person loves another who not only does not  appreciate that love, but seeks love elsewhere.


FROM THE LOVER
   
Love becomes a different song  
The feelings I have for you,
Even when I know you’re wrong.
Your deepest love, you hide.
Never expressed, nor shown to me
Overshadowed by your pride.

Love becomes for you a different story
Filled by whoever gazes in your eyes,
One born of all your glory.
Looking and touching who is near
No matter whose heart you break,
Especially mine, whose love is dear.

Love for me has a different meaning.
To give myself only to you and 
To no one else am I ever leaning.
All around you must be adoring,
Yearning for your special presence
While from me your love is soaring



FROM  THE BELOVED

Love becomes a different song.
The feelings I have for you,
Even when I know I do wrong.
My deepest love, I hide.
Never expressed, nor shown to you.
Overshadowed by my pride.

Love becomes for me a different story,
Filled by whoever gazes in my eyes.
One born of all my glory.
Looking and touching who is near,
No matter whose heart I break,
Especially yours, whose love is dear.


Love from me has a different meaning.
To give myself not only to you
And on whomever else am I leaning.
All around me must be adoring,
Yearning for my special presence.
While from me, my love is roaring.

2 comments:

MaryBeth Smith said...

hi, Gene:
Welcome to the blogosphere. I'll enjoy reading you and seeing how you grow! thanks for your kind comments on SomaQuest!

BRO1 said...

I read it and then got it after going back to the beginning...then I had to read and compare and found it so true and then I read it all over again and thought...How awesome you are! I think I have experienced both. Keep up the good work. :)